Clearing the Air

I believe that I need to explain something. Often, most people choose a gamer tag that portrays their personality or something important in their life. Like most gamer's I have done the same thing. With that being said, I would like to explain:

The word "Irascible" for those of you that don't know, means:

i·ras·ci·ble
iˈrasəb(ə)l/

adjective
having or showing a tendency to be easily angered.

synonyms:
irritable, quick-tempered, short-tempered, hot-tempered


jok·er
ˈjōkər/

noun
a person who is fond of joking.

synonyms:
humorist, comedian, comedienne, comic, wit, clown, card, jokester


That is the understanding and meaning of my gamer tag. This tag was thought of and contemplated for quite a few hours, days even. I searched and searched and searched before I could find something that was absolutely true about me. I suppose many of you are thinking to yourselves "great...we have a hot tempered admin" or "how the hell do those do even correlate?"

I'll tell you. I truly love to make people laugh. I love hearing them laugh and having fun. That is why I run this server, why I made a PvE server. To help people, enjoy their company, and have some laughs. I think jokes and humor are medicinal, especially to those who believe their life is miserable.

On the flip side, I am not one who takes crap...from anyone. Everyone has pet peeves and I have them too. Just like all humans, we have that red button that you don't want pushed. Last night one of my buttons got pushed and then pushed again to where the "Irascible" part of my gamer tag came out, unfortunately. Those that know what happened can criticize me, I'm okay with that but that's just me.

Here’s the last little tidbit of info regarding this. Like I said, I love helping people and making people laugh. Do not take my kindness for a weakness though. Doing so is a bad idea on your part and is one step closer to pressing my red button. You can talk trash to me all day. I am fine with that...I had more than my fair share in the military.

So as with any post, there is a point. It's not "Joker's a hot-headed ass" or "he's got a few screws loose". Not by any means. The point is to be mindful of others. Not just me BUT everyone. I highly encourage everyone to laugh, have fun, joke and help people and in the end everything runs smoothly if you thank them for their help. You don't have to give them something for helping. A thank you is enough, because in the world we live in today...we rarely get the thank you's that a vast majority of us deserve.

Okay, there you have it. My rant for the day! Enjoy the game and if you have something to say please leave a comment below.

Respectfully,

The Irascible Joker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Z-Day PvE

Why Join Z-Day PvE?